NexentaStor has strategically impacted the storage industry to lower TCO, and with the imminent release of NexentaStor 4.0 the business and technology benefits will exceed basic economics. NexentaStor is the leading commercial-grade SDS implementation, and SDS is key components of the mounting shift towards a Software Defined Data Centre.
"The volume and type of data being collected by enterprises today is moving storage to the forefront of CIO and IT agendas," according to Donna Taylor, Research Director, IDC. "This data deluge is creating very real and very pressing issues to organisations struggling to keep up. In such environments, storage is becoming a strategic company-wide issue and companies are eager to find solutions that balance security, price, performance and reliability."
Today, Nexenta shares the continued innovation of its industry-leading NexentaStor open storage solution. Enhancements include:
· 50% reduction in HA failover times
· Embedded intelligence in the Fault Management Architecture (FMA) which detects and resolves issues around failing hardware to reduce performance impacts
· Improved problem isolation that provides better reliability and visibility
· Reduced latencies to end users with the addition of Server Message Block (SMB) 2.1 support
· Simplified administration with the new wizard-driven storage pool with configuration and deployment tools
· Dramatic improvement in performance with support for 512GB memory
· Significant replication improvements with a highly improved AutoSync service
· Numerous additional SNMP MIBs and Traps for increased observability and monitoring
· Code base migration to Illumos open-source operating system, for improvements in security, management and monitoring
· Improves stability and supportability
· Seamless upgrade from all existing NexentaStor versions
"Software Defined Data Centre is the future in IT; and Nexenta is at the forefront of this movement," said Tarkan Maner, Chairman and CEO of Nexenta. "Our Software Defined Storage solutions have already changed the traditional storage management approach with our fast-growing customer and partner ecosystem. With today's announcement of NexentaStor 4.0, we are extending our substantial TCO advantages by adding disruptive technology capabilities along with additional business benefits for organisations who are sick and tired of the IT status quo."
With NexentaStor 4.0, enterprises can continue to liberate themselves from the traditional hardware-centric storage approach and have a fully featured, unified solution that scales to meet growing storage requirements on any platform. NexentaStor offers enterprise capabilities for data integrity and workload performance, providing customers the flexibility to select their storage operating system independently from the hardware on which it runs, while commodity storage hardware tends to lack defense against silent data corruption, is difficult to manage, and suffers in performance as storage needs grow.